Tuesday 28 November 2023

#47 A Riz Christmas Part III + Nanowrimo

 Happy Blog Day Everyone!

This week you get the 3rd part of A Riz Christmas (is everyone enjoying this so far? Please give a shout out!). I've also got an update about Nanowrimo, which will be sort of a bittersweet Epilogue to what I said last week.

The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz

Half way through now! Due to the upcoming holiday season, I've had to up my schedule and start work on the next few parts. It'll hopefully mean I'm ahead of myself again, something that hasn't happened since I started the series back in January. I clearly need a better work ethic.

Still what will this villainous snowman get up to now?

Nanowrimo

So, last week I said a bit about this and I had intended to leave it there but as of yesterday morning (like 1 a.m. ish) I completed the challenge. I wrote 50k (again...ish) and I have no emotional attachment to it. I'm not happy about finishing, or even relieved, I'm just ambivalent on it. I went into this Nanowrimo supercharged that I was finally going to get Isabelle’s story (and a large chunk of the 2nd novella) done. However with the revelations about nano and things going on behind the scenes, it didn't work out for me. I'm not in the best of places mentally but life continues doesn't it.

Next week, I'll be going into more detail, I don't have to worry about spoilers as there's three-four different storylines going on as I tried to find something that worked.

Will I do it next year? Ask me again in October, that's all I can say for now.

Sorry this is more of a downer than last week, but it is what it is.

Till next week,

Keep on writing.

Peter James Martin

Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Fade to Noir

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Hubble Bubble 

Harvey Duckman Presents Volume 13

No comments:

Post a Comment