Wednesday 22 November 2023

#46 A Riz Christmas II + Update

Happy Blog Day Everyone!

So, another quick week this time round, and sadly, not for any good reasons. I'll explain why in a moment. First though, some good news, Riz’s Christmas adventure continues!


The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz


Part 2 is here and Riz thinks he's onto a good plan...or is he (we know he's not, that's what you're all here for!). Part 2 continues the trend of panel 2 being some of my favourite work (like lying down Riz from last week). A third of the way through and so we're on target to finishing on Christmas.

It has brought up an interesting (to me) conundrum. Over on Twitter (X) I've been cycling through the various comics with every vss365 I post (on comic 08 of this posting) and its probably going to be January before these issues enter rotation...which raises the issue of having a Christmas mini-arc when it's not Xmas. I currently have two other holiday themed comics (Valentines and Easter) but I think they're easier to deal with being one shots...

Nanowrimo Word Count...and an Update

I'm combining these two sections here as they're sadly related. As you're all no doubt aware by now, Nanowrimo is currently undergoing a crisis, one of its own making sort of (they didn't start it but their official response certainly didn't help). I've thought long and hard on it. At first I thought it didn't affect me too much as I've not linked to the main site much, if at all, but as time has gone on, and I've learned more, it's sapped my already low energy. I've tried to follow my own advice, but this plus my frustrations with the story have made me question my future with the event.

For now, I'm continuing on as I have to finish what I've started but, it is taking a long time to get the words done...I'm dreading the editing phase for this.

As for word count, its currently 36578 words so I've got 14,000 till I can step back from this madness. Let's see how close it'll be next week...

Anyway, that's all for this week, hopefully I can find something happier to talk about next week.

Till next time,

Keep on writing.

Peter James Martin

Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Fade to Noir

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Hubble Bubble

Harvey Duckman Presents Volume 13

No comments:

Post a Comment