Wednesday 15 November 2023

#45 A Riz Christmas I + Update

 Happy Blog Day Everyone!


A quick update this week (what last week should have been!) As I've got writing to get to, but...


I think I've unleashed something with my latest mini project for the Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz...take a look below!


The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz


What have I done? 

With the Christmas season finally upon us, I saw it to honour it in some fashion. While my first thought was another multiple episode saga like the fifteen part one I did over the summer...just not as long. That's why I can say with certainty that this one will be six parts...I'm not dragging this out past 25th December!

Knowing the length, I set about trying to draft a story that would fit. How I went from that stage to giving Riz his own Dr Suess style rhythmic adventure is anyone's guess. I am sorry about that mind, hopefully my rhymes don't cause that much pain!

So from now until Christmas I'll be presenting the parts of this tale, and it should (if my maths is right) take us to issue 50, with only a couple of weeks to their big anniversary!

Let's see what happens next week!

Nanowrimo Word Count and Update

Made sense to combine these two sections as Nanowrimo is what I've been focusing on this week.

As it stands my word count is 22978, not bad and I should hit the halfway tomorrow, and this year, its feeling like a slog. Partly down to the issues I discussed last week (it happened again!). It serves no purpose repeating myself so I get through it, and I'll have a stronger story by the time editing is done.

There's no word on any future publication (aside from a potential volume 4 of  Malarkey's, but still very early days on that). Hopefully I can get more printed next year...

Anyway, promised a quick update and I've delivered that I think l!

Till next week,

Keep on writing!

Peter James Martin

Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Fade to Noir

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Hubble Bubble

Harvey Duckman Presents Volume 13

No comments:

Post a Comment