Tuesday 2 July 2024

#78 Wardrobe Confusion II

Happy Blog Day Everyone!

First blog means a writing report for June, fun stuff I know, but at least you'll get a brand new Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz to ease the pain!

The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz


The second part in what I'm planning to be either four or five parts, depending. Next week's will be a treat for anyone who wants to see more of Riz’s outfits though! Valarie makes another rare appearance here and I can never decide what her hair colour actually is...mainly because I messed up in her first appearance way back in issue #2!

Also I apologise if the comic is a bit darker quality wise, I'm having trouble balancing the colours.

June Report

Again, not much going here. All my projects are ticking along.

My Malarkey's Story has been rebooted as a much better idea has taken hold, a much weirder one come to think of it, but if a weird story isn't perfect for Malarkey's Imaginomnibus, then I don't know what is. I'll have more details to share later, but the folklore behind the story remains the same, so expect a different take on Will'o-the-wisps then you were probably expecting!

Short story wise, the blog got two new additions:

Confessions in the Dark- A must for any Gabriel fan, where I state in text, for the first time what Gabriel’s ambition actually is. Let's face it, it's the only aim grand enough for him.

Eve- Introducing a new character of sorts (though her world shares a connection with everyone's favourite Demon Merchant). Technically the 2nd short story from there, if you count this entry from back in 2019!

Anyway, not a lot to talk about this month, hopefully things pick up soon. I'm waiting on the transfer of important documents and images from my old publisher so I can get Brennan and Riz sorted out under my name, and with that, get Volume 3 out there in the wild. Plus I have two deadlines approaching faster than I would like (Malarkey's and a rewrite of a Harvey Duckman story...I can definitely improve what I submitted last year).

Till next time,

Keep on writing!

Peter James Martin

Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Fade to Noir

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Hubble Bubble


No comments:

Post a Comment