Wednesday 5 June 2024

#74 A Rat For Our Time

 Happy Blog Day Everyone!

A short one this week as it's the first blog of the month which means writing review of the previous month. Exciting stuff I think you'll agree.

What's more exciting though, is the following brand new Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz!

The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz


I may have lied last week about this only being two comics...I can't resist at least once more, than it's over with, I swear (maybe).

I will say now that it's not likely that I'll be doing a big story this summer like last year, maybe a 3 parter but that's all.

May Report

May...did not start well and didn't get much better. Writing wise, work continued on various projects (that's Brennan and Riz: Madness on the Tides, Brennan and Riz Malarkey's debut, Avalon Tales...more on that in a moment).

Avalon Tales Chapter 3...I thought I was dome with it, a nice simple chapter, though the ending was giving me pain. To sort it, I went back to my chapter notes, and discovered, to my horror, that I'd gone way off course. Editing it to be better wasn't an option so I went nuclear and deleted it, and ended up rewriting most of it in a single night. Was quite productive there.

My 2nd attempt at a steampunk short fizzled because of the time constraints. At first I thought the idea wasn't going to fit in the word limit, but it became clear that editing would have been able to save it, but to best edit it, I'd have to finish it first. As that wasn't happening, I redoubled my efforts elsewhere...like Avalon Tales above.

There is something else I'm in the middle of doing, but I'm going to keep it to myself for now.

Blog wise, there was two completely new short stories last month on the blog.

Abyssal Gaze - A Phantom Dawn story where Rose makes an bold move in order to get answers.

A Demon Amongst Spiritualists - A Daemon Soul story (well, a Serena focused one...with a small Avalon Tales Easter egg) set in the late 1800s. Serena hunts a dangerous demon...

I've got good plans for next week's Short Diversions, fans of Gabriel will not want to miss it!

That's all for this week,

Till next time...

Keep on writing!

Peter James Martin

Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Fade to Noir

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Hubble Bubble

No comments:

Post a Comment