Wednesday 7 August 2024

#83 Ding Dong

Happy Blog Day Everyone!

Another writing review to get out of the way this week, but it'll be a short one, as there isn't a lot to go on this time round!

Before that, lets check in on Brennan and Riz...


The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz

Sorry about the quality here, especially the third panel, it was drawn in a hurry due to outside circumstances. Next time Valarie gets drawn, she'll be consistent. Times like this I wish I still had access to a computer with a scanner.

At the moment, I'm stuck taking a photo of the completed comic and then trying to fix the colours. This is not ideal to say the least. This is also why things are never straight as they can be.

July Report

An interesting month as far as writing goes!

My Malarkey's Story is racing to completion as I'm close to 4k words now. In fact, as long as conditions are right, it should be done in the next couple of weeks at latest. My decision to reboot the draft last month was the correct one.

Bigger news however was the changes I undertook to my Daemon Soul Awakening manuscript. These were requested by the publisher and while I had two months to do the work...I took a little over two weeks. I'm eager to get to work on more Daemon Soul writing so, once I've cleared some of my backlog, I may do just that.

Blog wise I wrote two new Short Diversions:

A Bad Dream- a short featuring a character called Aldo Ansem, set in the same continuity as the previous month's Eve story.

A Day in the Life- Valarie’s first Short Diversions piece. It was about time I gave her a turn at this, and she'll probably get more as well. She's always fun to write.

That's it for this week, but there is a new Short Diversions coming soon, how soon? 7 days do ya?

Till next time,

Keep on writing!

Peter James Martin

Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Fade to Noir

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Hubble Bubble

No comments:

Post a Comment