This is going to be a brief post again (as are all the in-between posts I suppose). The culprit this time, aside from being that I don't know what to say, is that I have two writing projects on the go. One is Avalon Tales obviously, given that Chapter 14 dropped last week and the finishing line is in sight, albeit a month or two away. The other is an attempt at something different (technically not that different as it's linked to a universe I've written about before) in terms of how I'm approaching it. If I can get it finished, I'll see if I'm brave enough to submit it! Assuming the deadline is when I think it is. Should this project be successful (my measure if success here being is a) it's readable and b) people actually like it) then it may influence what I work on as that particular universe has always been near and dear to my heart. Shame I just can't capture the right feeling I want for it!
Anyhow, over to Brennan and Riz to see how the rat is getting on in that hole!
The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz
Yup, he's still down there. I'm more questioning where the pool table came from.
Not long left to this multiparter as really I come only keep it going as I can think of funny things to add to it...Probably should have ended it already...
This strip though is notable for something else though, as it marks the first time I used image editing software to correct a mistake. In the original version, I made a wee error with Riz’s last bit of text, thinking I was drawing a t when it was really an l, so it wasn't 'pool' he was saying at all but 'poot'. I deliberated on if I should change it or not but in the end, i fired up sketchbook on my phone. Hopefully its not a process I have to use on the regular, but knowing my skills, or the lack of them, it's not off the table!
Right that's it for an extremely short one but deadlines wait for no one (a deadline I'm not entirely sure I may have missed...I mean, I hope I didn't but you never know with these things!)
Chapter 15 of Avalon Tales will be here next week though as it's time for things to heat up as we head to the end!
Till next time,
Keep on writing!
Peter James Martin
Quick Links

No comments:
Post a Comment