Wednesday 24 January 2024

#55 Weather Warning + Update

 Happy Blog Day Everyone!

A quick one today as I'm up to my nose in some real life business (can't say at the moment, but clearly non-fiction letter writing isn't my forte). Still, let's see what Brennan and Riz have in store for us this week!

The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz


This is why Brennan should never have let Riz keep that kit. It was only ever going to end in tears. Most weeks, I'm going backward and forwards over Comic strip ideas, often when I'm supposed to be doing other things, this time however, my wife says one thing to me and the bulb goes on.

Wasn't happy with the artwork in this one though, not quite sure what happened but that middle panel is one of the jankiest ones I've done since starting the Comic. As always, I'll try better next week.

Update

So, as I said back up top, I've not done much actual fiction writing this week, aside from trying to do a new plan for the first Avalon Tales novella...and immediately redoing it. I think part of my problem is that I'm trying to shove too much in, a novel's content into a much more restricted word count. What I've been trying to do is simplify the narrative, allowing me to get to the characters.

I think I am getting somewhere now, I've spread out some plot points into the planned other novellas (hopefully not upsetting them too much...but then I can sort that when it comes to it.) I've still got faith in Isabelle and Robyn, that the pair will be introduced into the wide world. In fact, I plan on doing some short pieces featuring them for this blog, so watch this space.

From one dynamic pair to a dysfunctional one. Brennan and Riz. While not actively writing anything for them, the pair are in my thoughts in some form. Some of these thoughts revolve the Brennan and Riz stories that were never finished, case in point the story I started here: Pandemic Blues written during the lockdown before this blog went on hiatus. Would anyone be interested in an ending to that series? Not sure on the best approach to it being published mind as its really different stories than one overarching narrative. Still, if people want an ending I'll give it to them.

That's all for now, as my other duties call. Hope to get more writing done soon but till then....

Keep on writing yourselves.

Peter James Martin

Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Fade to Noir

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Hubble Bubble

Harvey Duckman Presents Volume 13

No comments:

Post a Comment