Wednesday 13 September 2023

#36 One Shot + Request

 Happy Blog Day Everyone!

Not a lot going on this week, as I should be finishing off the next Ghost Duty story...except a TV show about a stretchy pirate came on...if you know, you know!


However, I do have a favour to ask for those interested...Before we get to that however...


The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz


Edging closer to the end of the arc! Gallows is very fun to draw. On to next week!


Phantom Dawn: Memories of a Rose

Now, don't get your hopes up, there's no new entries...yet. After cataloguing them for the blog and my experiences drawing the Brennan and Riz strip, I've decided carry on the thread, but not daily as before. Instead I'll be doing it based on the vss prompt. After I've done a few, I'll collect them here again.

Request

So, I'm plodding along with the Ghost Duty but my mind is thinking to what I spoke about last week, the self publication of Daemon Soul and what I need to do in preparation for it.

That involves getting eyes on it so I can iron out any issues.

So, my request is for anyone wishing to beta read the story! Drop me a line over on Twitter/X at @Brennan_and_Riz (for those reading this from their, I'll have another tweet/post explaining it)


I'm still working on a blurb, but here goes:


18 year old Terry Baker is a 2nd year College Student who is drifting through life till a fateful encounter with Serena:

"Terry Baker, you are to be the next Daemon Soul."

With her words, Terry's life changes. He's forced to accept the truth of a world where demons exist, and that they're out to kill him. As Serena begins to teach him what he needs to know, he'll be forced to confront his past and the one person he never wanted to see again.

As when the Arc Demon known as Death awakes, Terry has one choice to make:

To stand and fight or flee...

]


Yeah...as I said, I'm still working on it. Sometimes blurb writing can be a lot easier but with this story, it just seems to evade me.


Important facts about the story for would be beta readers:

113k words (one of the biggest reasons why I need over people to look at this, do I need to consider halving the stories?)

Urban Fantasy (if this isn't your cup of tea then don't worry about it)

This is where Gabriel comes from. I think this is self explanatory for people who read this blog frequently or read my dribble on social media (or perhaps, read the second Malarkey's Imaginomnibus book!)

I look forward to hearing from anyone interested!

Till next time,

Keep on writing!

Peter James Martin

Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 2

Harvey Duckman Presents Volume 13




No comments:

Post a Comment