Wednesday 19 April 2023

#15 At Least He Tried

 Happy Blog Day Everyone!

Another short one this week but I do plan on a bigger piece for next week as I want to do a general look at where Brennan and Riz are after the release of Volume 2.

The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz



15 strips already, where does the time fly? Doesn't seem like 10 minutes ago where I was debating even doing the strip. I think when it comes to strip #20 (which should be late May/ early June) I'll make that the focus and talk about its genesis in more detail and the weekly battles I have in bringing it to you all.

On saying that, I think it largely goes unnoticed by the larger world which may be for the best as its not good in the slightest!

Jokes aside, I wanted to do another minimalist dialogue comic, and this one fit the bill perfectly. Definitely learning a lot of show don't tell while working on this project.


Update


Okay, in lieu of a proper blog post this week, instead I'll offer a small update on my goings on.

The short story that I've been working on is..

Still being worked on. I'd never have guessed that a short of only 5k estimated words would have taken me this long but there we are. Parts have been edited again to flow better (and not have to give the mc plot armour to avoid being arrested...twice. The more you have to contrive and explain, the more you slow down the pace. Still got some time before the deadline, so I'm not too worried yet.

Brennan and Riz stuff...See next week.

Daemon Soul...Sigh, I was supposed to be sending this out on submission but nerves have got the best of me, plus seeing people I know with far better work than me getting rejected constantly isn’t helping matters. Still, I've been doing some things in this universe, like the short I'm writing.

Other hobbies...Miniature painting has now become my defacto relaxing hobby of choice, aka the thing I do when I'm not writing. If only I was good at it...

Anyway, thats it for now, look out for next week where I dive into all things Brennan and Riz to see the state of play for the pair!

Till then,

Keep writing!

Peter James Martin


Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

No comments:

Post a Comment