Wednesday 18 September 2024

#89 Riz...The D.M? Part IV + Update

Happy Blog Day Everyone!

Just offering an update today, nothing too fancy but you do get the final installment of Riz's Dungeon Master exploits (I think I could have kept going with that idea!)

Speaking of that pair...


The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz


Here it is, the final part of this particular saga (how many times have I said that now!). Riz as a Dungeon Master has been a great source of material, but all good things must come to an end. With Halloween on the horizon, I've been thinking about trying a four part story for the spooky season, but we'll see what comes of it, as I have more success with spontaneous stories than anything planned.

Forgot to mention it last week, but part 3 of this series actually started life as a #vss365 tweet from twitter, originally being posted back in August. The idea was too good to pass up, especially considering what theme I'm playing with! There's been a few that I considering using for the comic since it's inception but this was the first, and probably not the last.

Update

So what have I been working on recently? Daemon Soul 2 of course! Titled Daemon Soul: Avalon (yes, the same Avalon as in Avalon Tales, Isabelle is coming folks!), and it's currently up to chapter 6, but storywise it's very early days, so things could, and probably will, change before the editor gers a look at it. Most of the returning characters from the first story have been reintroduced (with one notable exception waiting for the right moment...no it isn't Gabriel I'm talking about). A host of new characters have also been unleashed, and I can't wait for you to meet them all.

The first story has now been edited up to Chapter 7, and I'm excited by all the changes so far. The editor has done a stellar job with it, and though I've had to say goodbye to several sections, it's been worth it as the pace has been tightened.

I still haven't touched Brennan and Riz yet but with the spooky month approaching, I may be eyeing up then as the perfect time to get the books relaunched. Would be even better if I could get Volume 3 out as well but, what will be, will be. Keep an eye out for new links appearing for the books!

Lastly, I've yet to break ground on next week's short story for the blog (they seem to come around so fast!) but I do have an idea...if it's a good one is a different matter! All I can say is, it's another Brennan and Riz tale, and one that I may re-adapt later on down the line as a bigger short story, assuming I can hit what I'm aiming at.

That's all I got to say for now!

Till next time,

Keep on writing!

Peter James Martin

Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and the Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Fade to Noir

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Hubble Bubble






No comments:

Post a Comment