Wednesday 3 April 2024

#65 Why Did I Ask?

Happy Blog Day Everyone!

This week is my monthly look at my writing progress from the previous month (this case March) but you'll get a brand new Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz to make up for it!


Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz


The last of the Easter themed Comics...till next year at least, and I think I dropped the ball here, I needed Riz’s continued monologue to be funnier. Live and learn as they say. There is some things I feel like I'm improving on, mind. I need to get more adventurous with poses to really push myself with drawing.

March Report

Three months down already...

Sadly, I haven't finished chapter 2 of Avalon Tales, it's close, so close, but I've lacked the motivation to actually finish it. Hopefully this can change but I've got a lot on in April...so we'll see. Another issue as I've said before, is my own scheduling. Mondays are when I create the comic, and Tuesdays is blog writing. Both of those are when I get the chance, which ends up being late on in the day.

That said though, I did get two short stories finished this month for the blog:

The Lights on the Green 

First Mission

If you haven't, please read them, it'd be much appreciated.

I've also started dabbling with poetry on my daily twitter/X, using the #vss365 prompt of the day. So far, I'd say its going pretty well? The poems I've done have been received okay, and it turns out that it's been therapeutic for me, given the memories I've dredged up to use for inspiration... I do have great respect for those that write poetry full time, and are able to bring out every emotion, and not negative ones like me!

It has made me want to try and do more with it but we'll see what happens.

Its just a quick roundup this month, and hopefully I can have more done to report on next month. I just have to get into a better routine!

Till next time,

Keep on writing!

Peter James Martin

Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Fade to Noir 

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Hubble Bubble

Harvey Duckman Presents Volume 13

No comments:

Post a Comment