Wednesday 7 February 2024

#57 It Is Cheating Like + January Report

 Happy Blog Day Everyone!

Today, I've got something a bit different planned. A new monthly feature designed to keep me motivated. What am I talking about? YYou'll see at the end of the blog, but before that, let's check on Brennan and Riz!

The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz


For all those who have ever read/played a fighting fantasy/Choose your own adventure book, raise your hand if you ever did this? Brennan isn't wrong, it technique is cheating, but damn if it wasn't helpful!

One thing that I think I failed on with this Comic is Brennan's face in the last panel, I think I needed some effect lines there to show him coming into frame. All still a learning process mind.

January Report

Okay, so this is the first of twelve (possibly thirteen, depends on how I handle the last installment) monthly features. Each one will look back at the previous month at the writing I did (or didn't) do, in an attempt to keep me honest. I won't be posting word counts or anything like that, but instead, reflecting on what I did do, whether it VSS (Very Short Story) tweets, or novel writing, and everything in between. With that said, let's get on.

So January is done and dusted, tha first month of 2024...What did I get done?

To star with, and in a theme that I hope to continue throughout the year, I wrote a Brennan and Riz vss tweet, every day. The prompts given were fun, and some challenging ones towards the end, but given the responses, looks like they were some of Brennan and Riz's best yet!

Aside from twitter/X things, my writing has been slim as I had more serious matters to attend to, and had to do a different kind of writing, however the biggest bit I achieved, was last week's short story that premiered on this very blog. It was also the first time in many years that I went back and visited the Vector Unit Regen: Orphans War story and characters. No idea on how it was received but it is the first of many new shorts I intend to publish via this blog.

Other than that though, I've been doing a lot of thinking of things, but this was at the turn of the month, so, I guess I get to talk about them at the end of February!

To sum it up, this month has been light on writing but the year is only getting started!

Till next week (where you'll get a new short in honour of Valentines Day!)

Keep on writing!

Peter James Martin

Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Fade to Noir 

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Hubble Bubble

Harvey Duckman Presents Volume 13


No comments:

Post a Comment