Wednesday 3 July 2019

Harvey Duckman Presents...

Happy Blog Day Everyone!


This week, it’s short and sweet, as I’m busy squirreling away on different projects, with many of them sharing an end of July deadline. However, today’s topic is a timely one, as I’m talking about Harvey Duckman Presents…The only anthology series that you need to read…(assuming you like Steampunk, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Horror and stories involving talking Rats…You know you want to read it). Time to move onto the Weekly Briefs!

Weekly Briefs


Crossing the Tees 2019


While the festival itself is over, you can still enter the Short Story contest, with the deadline being Midnight 31st July. All you need is a 3000 word story. Give it a go, as you never know, it’s through this competition that Brennan and Riz were given to the world (for bad or good, you decide).

Creator Chaos


Well we recorded the latest episode this past Sunday, so hopefully it won’t be long till you’re able to listen to it. It was my turn to host, so I hope I don’t bore you.

As I said last week,  My ‘All About Me’ Interview is now live and available to listen to. Please give it a spin and let me know how I did with the questions. Some of them were unexpected to say the least.

A reminder of who the rest of Creator Chaos are:

Me – I don’t think I need to explain myself…
Kelvin Rodriguez – Fans and followers of the #vss365 tag will recognize this fellow and his creations, a master of the pun. He also has a mighty fine singing voice.

Zack Brooks – Author of the ‘Charlie the Cupid’ shorts and ‘The Trials of Amaford” novellas, the audio book version of ‘How Not To Be A Rogue’ is out now! This is a perfect chance to get in on this series, with a great narrator. A great guy and the defacto leader of our rabble.

Pete Hartog – Author of the novel Bloodlines, and currently working on its sequel. A great guy with a great taste in music and a fantastic name. He also has a blog you can find here, give it a read! He’s currently working on a sequel to Bloodlines.

Click here to listen to all the podcasts so far and look out for us on Spotify and Apples Music Service!

Vector Unit Regen Orphan’s War


Still on hiatus, hoping to resume it soon! I know I’ve said this a lot recently, but I do hope to go back to it, I have plans for this series and this origin is needed.

To catch up on the series so far, click here!

Brief Mentions


Liking what you’re hearing about Brennan and Riz? Click here to look at the short story collection of their adventures so far!

Looking for their newer stuff? Click here for their Christmas encounter with a Yeti, or click here for the anthology containing the short ‘A Walk Through The Pleasure Gardens’, get this one and you also get a whole host of brilliant short stories as well from fantastic authors.

Click here to find me on Goodreads and give me a follow to see when I release new stories.

And now…time for our main feature presentation…

Harvey Duckman Presents... 


If you’ve been following this blog, you should be familiar with this title by now, I’ve been doing my best to keep you all updated on the progress of this anthology by 6e Publishing. The first volume released back in April but had been planned for a while longer. It’s an anthology that celebrates stories of Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, Steampunk…Why am I talking about this now? Well, because the series has been getting more traction and because Volume 2 is out this coming weekend!

My affiliation with series started with the publisher approaching me about putting a new story in as unnamed collection at that point. This was ‘A Walk Through The Pleasure Gardens’, a two thousand word story that I covered quite early on in this blog. Of course, I forgot about that story, instead focusing all the others that formed the first collection (that was Girl in the Water, Goblins in the Tunnel, Ghosts on the Moor) and then the full collection of the ten stories of that point.

My thoughts returned to it with the news that it was going to appear in the first Harvey Duckman Anthology (alongside some fantastic other authors). Things didn’t stop there with the release of the first as the second was already being talked about and I submitted another story, ‘Black Cat on the Prowl’ which I’ll be discussing next week. The idea behind these series is to give authors a chance, a chance to show what they could do, either as a writer with other work out, or as new authors about to see their first work in print. Which brings me neatly to my next point.

Do you want to give it a go? Are you a writer of Horror, Sci Fi, Fantasy, Steampunk, then test your mettle and submit a story (full guidelines can be found here), the publisher is looking for new work to show off, and it could be yours.

So the second volume, I can’t say if it will be good, as I’ve not read it yet, but I’m looking forward to it immensely because of the caliber of Authors in the first one (Read the Scarecrow). The book launches this coming Saturday (or preorder here on Amazon, either in paperback or ebook) and to commemorate this event, the publisher is throwing a launch event at the Kapow! Sci-Fi market, featuring an Authors Alley of all the Harvey Duckman Presents authors that can be dragged there and chained to tables. I’ll be there, with a special guest…You see, I came across something amazing…

Meet Riz…



Yes, if you come down to the market, you’ll get a chance to have a selfie with everyone’s favorite talking rat. He won’t bite…unless you tick him off.

So that’s all we have time for this week, keep tuned though, as I’m sure I’ll be covering Harvey Duckman again very soon.
Keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment