Tuesday 1 October 2024

#91 Seasons Greetings

Happy Blog Day Everyone!


Another look back this week but for fans of Short Diversions, October is going to be your month! Before we go any further, let's check in on the first Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz of the spooky season!


The Comic Tales of Brennan and Riz

Definitely better this week! I think I nail Riz’s expression in that last panel and it's a world away from the original look I drafted. This is much better. 

For the rest of the month, expect some traces of Halloween to seep in...and of course I'm going to poke at Brennan's hatred of the holiday. Plus maybe, just maybe, Riz will get some more costumes in!


September Report

One month closer to 2025 eh? Need more time for writing!

This month was practically devoted to work on the Daemon Soul sequel where I've completed two chapters. Not bad going but I am going to have to pick up the pace somewhat, as I've still got 80k words to pen. What I can say is that I finally go through the ranks of the Shadows and inadvertently made more work for myself (and my editor!) with the first Daemon Soul manuscript as a rather obvious idea fell into my mind in order to set up a scene I've not written yet! That'll teach me.. 

For the blog, you all got two new short stories.

A Moon’s Vigil: A New Drache Arm Luna short, I think it went down okay but probably wasn't self contained enough as it should have been. No appearance of the titular armour either.

Brennan in the Game: Brennan and Riz's third blog story, and I did enjoy writing this one. It's a prime candidate for a longer iteration at some point. 

If you haven't given either a read, do please check them out.

With that said, I'm trying something with Short Diversions this month, and that is two stories but each in two parts! Assuming I've got my maths right, there's 5 Wednesdays in this month, including the day this blog goes live. Perfect time to go crazy with these stories. What will they be about? Well, it is spooky season and I've got a few characters suited to it, no Brennan and Riz though, as Brennan is too busy avoiding it. Maybe next year for that pair.

That's all for this week.

Join me next week for the first part of an all new Short Diversions!

Till then,

Keep on writing!

Peter James Martin

Quick Links

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 1

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Book 1: A Boy and A Rat

The Strange Tales of Brennan and Riz Volume 2

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Volume 1

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Fade to Noir

Malarkey's Imaginomnibus Hubble Bubble

No comments:

Post a Comment